Are you having trouble with the file upload link?
You can upload via a FTP client such as Fetch, Transmit or FileZilla. Your sales consultant
can provide with our FTP information.
You can also transfer files up to 2 GB via wetransfer.com
Print Ready Art Specifications
JPG (preferred), EPS, PDF & TIF *see important notes below*
AI, PSD, & INDD files are not accepted as print ready files and will incur file setup charges.
Microsoft Office files will not be accepted.
To avoid file setup charges and printing
- Use Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop to create large format graphics Design in CMYK, not RGB
- Use CMYK 45,45,45,100 for the richest black, using 100% K will result in a dark grey
- Flatten all layered artwork
- Create all text to outlines, if not you will be requested to provide the font files
- Embed all images, if not you will be requested to provide the linked images
- Rasterize any vector files with effects, such as drop shadows, glows & gradients
- Provide each project element as a single file that can be sent directly to print
- Clearly label each file and communicate all file details (scale, color, quantity etc) to your sales consultant.
Due to the individual characteristics of monitors, the colors on your screen may vary from the final product. If a specific color is needed, the Pantone number or a physical example must be provided to TCS when placing your order & prior to approving the art files.
We will do our best to match the color as close as possible and print at our discretion. For a small fee, you may request a printed sample of the color on your project’s specific media for your approval.
TCS can not be held responsible for color output discrepancies if you do not request & approve a printed sample.
File Resolution for Wide Format Printing:
Files should be 150 dpi at 100% scale. Scale dpi according to the scale of the file. For example, if the file is at 50% scale, the dpi should be 300. Files can be reduced to 72-100 dpi at 100% scale for larger projects, such as bus wraps and oversized banners.
Note: Files with a lower resolution than specified may be pixelated/blurry when printed, files provided at a higher resolution than specified will be reduced to the appropriate dpi in the preflight process.
When providing files to be print and route to shape, please provide a separate file (or layer) with the cut path. Images and Logos should be high resolution jpg, tiff, or outlined vector files (ai or eps)
Our design studios are equipped with the following software:
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Adobe Illustrator CC
- Adobe InDesign CC (not a preferred program to use for large format graphics)
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
Disclaimer: Please proof your work, as The Color Spot cannot be held responsible for errors or omissions on customer provided files.